Please remember that LEX applications are due February 15. Even if you have not completed 10 LEX hours by that date, submit the rest of the required materials by February 15. May 2 is the final date to accumulate LEX hours to be considered for induction this summer. A list of your LEX hours must be received, detailing how they were earned, no later than May 6, at 5:00 p.m. No exceptions will be made. Please do not wait until the last minute to submit documentation of your hours.
Many former Paralegal Club officers have completed their LEX hours. Several have not. If in doubt, contact Linda Jenkins. We will proceed on a case-by-case basis.
To earn LEX hours, you may attend any of the following Paralegal Club events:
Speakers (4:45 start):
- Thursday, Jan. 24: Elder Law with Kathy Motley
- Thursday, Jan. 31: Certification Tests with Peggy Wojkowski
- Thursday, Feb. 7: Professionalism with Damon Fisch
- Thursday, Feb. 21: Interviewing Techniques with Stephanie Wilcox
- Wednesday, Feb. 27: ARDC with Maureen Melvenna
- Wednesday, March 20: Estate Planning with Bob Beck
- Tuesday, April 2: Working as a Paralegal in the U.S. Attorney’s Office with Michele Schroeder
- Wednesday, April 24: Corporate Law with Benita Kichler
Brown bag lunches (noon, outside BIC 2502)
- Tuesday, Jan. 29
- Monday, Feb. 11
- Tuesday, March 12
- Monday, April 8
Feed My Starving Children – Service Project
- Saturday, January 26, 11:30 – 1:30
- March 22
- April 5
- Thursday, May 2
If you are unable to attend Paralegal Club events, there are additional ways to earn LEX hours:
We are looking into offering opportunities for mentoring and tutoring as ways to earn service hours. Watch for details in the near future.
- Students may attend any court session for a total of two hours.
- A one-page, double-spaced paper describing at least four things you observed must be written and submitted to Linda Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) before April 1, 2013.
- Linda Jenkins will email a response indicating that you have earned the two LEX hours. Keep a copy of the email for your records.
Please note that other events may be added to the calendar as the semester progresses. Any event that takes place off campus is not an officially-sponsored COD Paralegal Club event. Neither COD Paralegal Club nor COD is responsible for student safety.