Real Estate Paralegal
DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks a Real Estate Paralegal for the Chicago office. Assists transactional attorneys and senior paralegals with drafting real estate documents, prepares closing documents, conducting due diligence review and coordinating and attending closings in connection with commercial real estate transactions. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information. Coordinates efforts between attorneys, clients, and other third parties with respect to each assigned transaction.
- Retrieves documentation as required for real estate transactions. Orders, reviews and analyzes title commitments, recorded documents and surveys.
- Develops, monitors and updates closing and other checklists for real estate transactions.
- Prepares numerous documents and coordinates execution and delivery of documentation to other parties’ counsel, lenders, governmental agencies, vendors, etc.
- Assists with preparation of tax related applications. Works with clients to obtain required documentation. Prepares petitions for tax consolidations and/or divisions.
- Reviews and abstracts leases.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Five (+) years of Paralegal experience preferred. Large law firm experience preferred.
- Mortgage finance experience representing lenders.
- Commercial Real Estate experience.
- Title and survey experience.
- Must have strong skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and e-Rooms.
- Electronic data room experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with staff, attorneys and clients on a daily basis.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required to handle large volumes of work associated with each transaction.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
About DLA Piper
DLA Piper is one of the largest business law firms in the world and
one of the most recognized law firm brands globally. In just eight years since our firm’s founding, we have established ourselves as an innovative and entrepreneurial firm that is deeply committed to our global core values of people, clients and community. In fact, it is the individual members of the DLA Piper team—the combination of talented lawyers and business professionals working together—that define our success and drive our growth.
DLA Piper provides its employees with highly competitive salaries and benefits, including eligibility for year-end bonuses, profit sharing eligibility, a generous paid-time-off policy and a 401k plan. Employees are recognized and rewarded for their achievements through annual performance evaluations and salary reviews. The firm encourages ongoing personal development and supports a healthy work/life balance.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by visiting the Careers section of our website, completing the online application and submitting a cover letter to include salary history.
DLA Piper Careers
We are (DLA Piper) an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Agency applications will not be considered.