LEX applications for 2016 admission to LEX are now posted on Paralegal Club’s website: https://sites.google.com/site/codparalegalclub/lex. Applications are due February 15, 2016.
If you graduated from the Paralegal Studies Program in August 2015, or plan to graduate in December 2015, you need to apply for LEX by February 15, 2016. If you plan to graduate in May 2016, or beyond, please check rules regarding being two-thirds of the way through the program by the end of May 2016. Classes you complete in the spring semester DO count toward being two-thirds of the way through the program for the June 2016 induction ceremony. You may need to apply in 2017 if you do not have enough credit hours completed by May 2016.
To receive a LEX hour, you must attend a Paralegal Club event and sign in on the sign in sheet!
To join LEX, you must meet the following requirements:
- Those seeking an Associate’s Degree: 3.25 overall GPA & 3.6 Paralegal Studies GPA
- Those seeking a Paralegal Certificate: 3.6 Paralegal Studies GPA
- Have completed at least 2/3 of the Paralegal Program by the end of the spring semester
- Have spent at least twelve (12) hours attending Paralegal Club events
For the Class of 2016:
- Application and non-refundable application fee are due February 15, 2016
- Please include an unofficial (free) copy of your transcript
- LEX Hours must be completed by May 6, 2016
The next LEX Induction Ceremony will take place on June 1, 2016.
We review your transcript when you apply, and again after the spring semester is completed.
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Jenkins at JenkinsL@cod.edu.