As a faith-based non-profit organization, World Relief DuPage/Aurora (WRDA) works with churches, pro bono attorneys, and community organizations to provide compassionate, professional legal services to help refugees and immigrants – particularly those that cannot afford a private attorney and are most likely to be taken advantage of – navigate the complex immigration system.
WRDA’s Immigrant Legal Services (ILS) team consists of two staff attorneys, six Department of Justice accredited specialists, two paralegals, and two administrative assistants who operate in two locations in the suburbs of Chicago: Wheaton and Aurora. Each year, the ILS department provides over 4,500 clients from all over the Chicagoland area with low-cost professional legal advice and/or representation on a variety of cases, including family reunification, U-Visas and VAWA, work permits, and other immigration benefits.
This internship will provide opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in Immigration law, particularly as it relates to naturalization and DACA, while learning about issues affecting the immigrant community.
- Attend monthly Citizenship/ DACA Workshops and prepare applications for naturalization and Deferred action for childhood arrivals
- Complete applications at scheduled follow-up office appointments
- Prepare Fee Waiver requests at Citizenship Workshops and scheduled follow-up office appointments
- Conduct community outreach in select immigrant communities
- Staff the Welcome Desk in the office and answer phones, direct clients to scheduled appointments with Immigration Counselors, and field general questions and re-direct them accordingly
- Assist with follow-up calls to clients
- Complete additional administrative tasks as assigned
- Weekly summary report
- Required readings and reflective journal entries
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within a team
- A desire to serve the immigrant and refugee community
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of World Relief
- Approximately 15-20 hours/week
- Flexible schedule
- Starting date May 22nd
- This is an unpaid internship, however university credit is available with prior approval
Interested students please contact Ruth Velazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law Office of Robert P. Wolfson
Estate Planning and Administration law firm is seeking a paralegal intern in its Naperville office.
The applicant will gain familiarity with Estate Planning, including document preparation, funding and trust administration. Working alongside professionals who are willing to share their expertise with paralegal students will be a valuable experience for a young professional.
The successful candidate will have the following competencies:
- Professional interpersonal and client service communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
An Estate Planning and Probate course would be a plus.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and references to: HR@lawwolfson.com.
Looking for 5-10 paralegal students to earn 8-20 internship hours on Saturday, October 21 and Sunday, October 22 from 10:00 – 5:00 p.m. A possible third day of Saturday, October 28, may be needed as well. Lunch and drinks will be provided.
Need students to inventory items in storage unit and prepare typed list of contents. The unit is located on Army Trail Road in Addison. A minimum of 6 hours on site is required but we will accept anyone either of the available days.
The case involves a guardianship proceeding. The pending petition for guardianship is for a 72 year old woman with a terminal brain tumor. Her children have petitioned to be her guardian as has her boyfriend of 20 years. The couple lived together for about 12 years and were court ordered to sell the house. A moving company was hired to pack and move everything in to storage but nothing was inventoried to determine the contents owners. The court is requiring that the storage units be inventoried so items can be divided and returned to their rightful owners. The woman and her boyfriend are no longer together and cannot be in the same area at the same time.
If interested, please contact COD adjunct instructor and attorney, Terra Costa Howard at 630-886-6140 or email@example.com.
State Auto Insurance Companies has an exciting 10-12 week paid internship opening.
|Are you looking for an opportunity to be courageous in doing the right thing, to show compassion to our customers, agents and associates, and to build community by helping to make State Auto a great place to work?
State Auto Insurance Companies has an exciting 12-week paid ($16 – $20/hr) Claims internship located in Chicago, IL. The length of the internship is dependent upon class schedule. The intern will assist with various projects, activities and events within the law office. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about many different functions of State Auto and insurance.
In order to apply for this position, individuals must submit a copy of their current resume and a completed application (paper or online).
If interested, please apply online using this link: State Auto Internship.
Additional details may be viewed here: Internship Job Description-Paralegal.
The Law Office of Jason A. Borg in Lisle is looking for a paralegal intern. Practice areas are generally focused on real estate transactions, estate planning, and small business formation. Applicants will be expected to learn a variety of legal and administrative tasks, with potential for growth towards a full time position. The position is a part time (10 hours per week), temporary position through the end of the fall semester and includes a $250 scholarship. Attendance at the office in Lisle is expected but flexibly arranged between 9 and 2, Monday through Friday.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to Jason@JBorgLaw.com. The cover letter will kindly include one word answers to the following questions:
- Cubs, Sox, both, or neither?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?
- What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
Jason A. Borg
The Law Office of Jason A. Borg
1440 Maple Ave Ste 8A
Lisle IL 60532
Legal Intern – Fall 2017
Law Firm Chicago, IL
Law Firm specializes in personal injury and DUI defense, as well as a wide variety of related litigation. Located in Downtown Chicago, we have been providing the highest quality of service for 17 years. We have an immediate opening for a Legal Intern to assist attorneys prepare for trial, working with clients to complete discovery requests, gathering records, and client outreach.
- Responsible for assisting with criminal defense and personal injury cases, specifically reviewing and preparing correspondence, preparing discovery, typing and modifying documents, preparing case folders, preparing trial binders, client intake and maintaining files.
- Maintain office organization, including but not limited to ordering office supplies, handling deliveries, and managing filing system.
- Coordinate, communicate, and work closely with staff and attorneys to ensure that clients receive the highest level of service.
- Manage client communications, office mail, filings, scanning.
- Schedule office meetings, appointments, and conference calls while ensuring that calendar conflicts are avoided with respect to court dates, motion due dates, depositions, meetings, and calls.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professionalism and strict confidentiality in matters that requires discretion.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and achieve the highest standard of productivity with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
- Preference given to paralegal students, law students and those with a Four Year Undergraduate Degree (Minimum 3.0 GPA)
Compensation: $250 scholarship
Time Commitment: 12 hours/week; Fall semester
We are a non-profit recognized site by the Department of Justice authorized to practice immigration law. We have both immigration attorneys and Department of Justice accredited representatives. We are committed to serve low English and low income clients. We specialize in family reunification based immigration law. We also have a victim service program, where we help clients with U-Visa, T-Visas and VAWA applications.
Interested students should contact Ruth Velazquez at: email@example.com
World Relief DuPage / Aurora
1825 College Avenue, Suite 230
Wheaton, IL 60187
STAND/with the Vulnerable
Personal Injury / Workers Compensation Paralegal – Lombard
Seeking paralegal for personal injury/ workers compensation litigation practice. Must have good computer skills, be personable, and client service oriented. Tasks are varied and include typing motions, complaints etc., client contact, review medical records. If you have good skills we can train you for specifics legal tasks. Salary commensurate with skills.
See ChapsGetHired JOB I.D. 5020366.
Kabbe Law Group, LLC
2323 Naperville Road, Suite 210
Naperville, Illinois 60563
We are a growing estate planning, special needs planning, estate administration, and elder law firm in Naperville. Our office is in need of a hard-working, bright, professional, and service-focused individual of high integrity to join our team as a full-time paralegal.
We are seeking one or more paralegals for full-time work and/or an internship. The position pays $15-18 per hour depending upon experience (we do offer benefits and can provide more details to qualifying candidates).
You must be well-spoken, have excellent grammar and spelling, and exhibit solid organizational skills. Attention to detail is also extremely important. You must have the ability to review your own work and produce consistently high-quality work product.
To have your application considered, please complete the following steps:
1. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Application for paralegal position
2. Enclose in the email your resume and a cover letter that describes:
a) why you think that you would be a good fit for our firm
b) anything else you think we should know as we consider your application
For more information, see the ChapsGetHired JOB I.D. 5020941
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you!
COURT NAVIGATOR – DuPage County
The 18th Judicial Circuit Court is accepting applications for the volunteer position of Court Navigator. Our court system depends on many agencies in order to function including: the Office of the Chief Judge, the Office of the Circuit Court Clerk, the Office of the Official Court Reporters, the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office, the Office of the Jury Commission, the Office of the State’s Attorney, the Office of the Public Defender, the Department of Probation and Court Services, the DuPage County Law Library, and the DuPage County Children’s “Safe Harbor” Room.
The participation of volunteers in this process will help maximize access to all potential court users, permit speedy follow up to legal proceedings and develop community awareness. All volunteers will be properly trained and oriented before starting at the Judicial Center.
Volunteer Activities: The main function of the Court Navigator volunteer will be greeting and assisting the public that pass through the courthouse on a given day.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- General directions to specific courtrooms or offices
- Assistance in using the computer kiosks provided by the Circuit Court Clerk’s office
- Assistance in using the court call monitors
- Officially welcome the public to the courthouse
- Be visible in the hallways to answer non-legal questions of the public
- Distribute information on Safe Harbor Children’s Center
- Be available to escort participants from courtrooms to appropriate offices
- Assist the public to Circuit Clerk’s Office when necessary
- Escort the public to Family Shelter Office
- Good with people
- Respectful of diversity
- Can take directions well
- Be courteous, friendly, helpful and polite
- Be aware of special needs of people with a disability
- Be able to communicate well
- Pass a background check
Length of Commitment: 1 quarter/semester
Volunteer Schedule: 1 or more mornings (Monday-Wednesday) per week, 8:00am – 10:45am
If interested, please e-mail or send a cover letter and resume to:
- Robin Partin
- 18th Judicial Circuit Court
- 505 N County Farm Rd
- Wheaton, IL 60187