Major, Lindsey & Africa’s Interim Legal Talent group has an immediate need for an Interim Litigation Paralegal for one of its clients. The paralegal will assist with preparation for a trial scheduled to start in January 2019. Candidates must be able to travel domestically to attend the trial on January 8th. This position is expected to run through mid-January.
- Providing the highest level of litigation paralegal support to associates and partners;
- Assisting with case management, strategy, and progression;
- Utilizing various software applications to manage documents and facilitate the discovery process;
- Cite-checking, Shepardizing, Bluebooking, and proofreading pleadings and briefs;
- Pretrial activities including assessing needs for trial and witness books;
- Organizing trial exhibits;
- Arranging witness attendance at trial;
- Preparing charts/graphs to be used at trial;
- Trial activities including attending and assisting at trial by monitoring documents and evidence;
- Assuring presence of witnesses;
- Preparing and monitoring visual aids;
- Taking notes on testimony;
- Tracking of exhibits introduced and marked into evidence; and
- Digesting trial transcripts.
- Minimum of five years litigation law firm experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and to work analytically, as well as independently and as a team;
- Professional demeanor and superb organizational skills;
- Ability to quickly and proactively identify and analyze problems, develop solutions and deliver results;
- Available to work overtime regularly and as needed to meet demands of the position;
- Positive attitude and a team player; and
- Ability to travel for trial in January 2019.
For more information, please see the Major, Lindsey & Africa Interim Legal Talent website here.